Si5170 replaceable with SI514 ????

Heikki Ylipiessa heikkiyp at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 07:21:26 UTC 2012

Hi.

I know that the Si570 is high precision oscilator ...
And it mainly covers the frequencies quite well .
But .. the 10MHz lower limit cuts the possibility of using it for
1.8MHz and 3.6Mhz and 7.0 MHz HAM radio bands ...
The SI514 would possibly cover the need ..
As I don't know how solidly the design has been made ...
I'm asking if the Si570 can be replaced with SI514 and if so
does the device firmware also need adjusting ???

--
Regards , Heikki Ylipiessa
Home: heikki at ylipiessa.fi
Work: heikki.ylipiessa at fi.ibm.com