Data Rate of EGPRS is Too Low

Neels Hofmeyr nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de
Mon Mar 5 22:15:14 UTC 2018

On Sat, Mar 03, 2018 at 12:18:52PM +0000, XINKE ZHANG wrote:
> I'm sure that B210 has a GPSDO. I execute 'uhd_usrp_probe' to prove it.

I'm not familiar with it, but if you say so.

> My entire config files are attached here. Pls help check it. Thanks.

It all looks good to me. Two minor notes:

- the pcu config once needed 'two-phase-access' to function reliably, but this
  is no longer needed.

- you seem to be running an old version of the ggsn. The new one is called
  osmo-ggsn with a config file style and vty interface like the other osmo
  programs. However, this should not affect your downlink throughput.

- you also seem to run osmo-nitb, we have moved to separate programs, being
  osmo-hlr, osmo-msc and osmo-bsc. Refer to
  http://osmocom.org/projects/cellular-infrastructure/wiki/Osmocom_Network_In_The_Box
  This should, however, not affect your downlink throughput, either.

So yeah, sorry, but I have nothing of weight to add. Maybe someone else here
has deeper knowledge of EGPRS and SDR based BTS?

~N