GTP, GGSN and PGW testing

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Tue Jul 12 06:09:08 UTC 2016

Hi Vasu,

On Fri, Jul 08, 2016 at 09:30:42AM -0400, Vasu Devan wrote:
> Currently i am working in LTE

please try to exlain the nature of your work.  Don't forget to mention
if the result of your work is open source available to the wider
community (and if so, where can we find it).  If that's the case, many
people might be more sympathetic to helping you with responses.

> (i) Latest mainline linux kernel version with your GTP code and user space GTP
> module.

The kernel code is in mainline, i.e. the officiall latest linux kernel
git repo of Linus Torvalds.

The netlink library for its control can be found at
http://git.osmocom.org/libgtpnl/

> (ii) Also, could you please kindly provide me access to the SGW/GGSN and PGW
> codes.

I'm not sure where you got the expectation that
a) the Osmocom project had implemented any SGW or PGW
b) that the Osmocom project - as a pure FOSS project - would hide access
   to any of its code.

In terms of GGSN, Pablo did some work of making openggsn work on top of
the kenrel GTP-U code, whihc is available from
http://git.osmocom.org/openggsn/ in the 'osmo-ggsn' branch.

There is also an unrelated project called 'ergw' which strives to
implement bot GGSN and P-GW functions:
https://github.com/travelping/ergw

All code we release is available from http://git.osmocom.org/

> such that i could test it and will even post the test results to the
> community.

This community is primarily about joint development of code, so you can
help us to create by using the existing code and adding what you need.

We do need people improve testing of the code, too - but then we need
testing of existing code, not of code that doesn't even exist yet :)