State of sysmocom/master and upcoming work
Holger Hans Peter Freyther
hfreyther at sysmocom.de
Thu Jan 16 09:05:04 UTC 2014
Daniel and me spent another day in the sysmocom office to go through
the PCU code. We finished clean-ups, made some simple manual tests
and looked at the traces.
We will work on the following items during the next weeks:
* For DL handling and multi-slot allocation more than one slot will
only be allocated _after_ the TBF is re-used. E.g. for a simple
download this might mean a single slot is used for the entire download.
Daniel made a prototype to send a packet downlink assignment directly
_after_ the assignment through the CCCH has completed. We manage to
run into a use after free in the TBF code but will work on it.
The issue is that the start of a TBF will take a bit longer. We
might want to add some heuristic to decide when or when not to do
* Re-sending and window stalls. When the entire window has been sent
once, resending will start but when the ACK/NACK is arrived the
resending will conntinue. As it is more likely that frames have
arrived we should stop the resending and increase the window. This
will increase the throughput.
- Holger Freyther <hfreyther at sysmocom.de> http://www.sysmocom.de/
* sysmocom - systems for mobile communications GmbH
* Schivelbeiner Str. 5
* 10439 Berlin, Germany
* Sitz / Registered office: Berlin, HRB 134158 B
* Geschaeftsfuehrer / Managing Directors: Holger Freyther, Harald Welte
More information about the osmocom-net-gprs