Status on re-factorings

Andreas Eversberg andreas at eversberg.eu
Mon Oct 21 07:00:57 UTC 2013

Holger Hans Peter Freyther wrote:
> I am going to work on gprs_rlcmac_data.cpp and while my refactorings
> so far where low risk.. the risk will increase when touching and
> structuring the above, e.g. it is hard to judge if the difference in
> the code-clones is on purpose or actually a bug. There will be only
> one way to find it out though.
dear holger,

the TBF assignment process, the time slot allocation algorithm and the
RLC/MAC data transfer were the most complicated parts of the PCU for me.
the data transfer seems to be critical, but breaking things there might
be easy to find out. in most cases it just doesn't work anymore. once
you have cleaned up the data transfer part, i will test all your changes
(at good coverage and at border of coverage) and review the debug output.

regards,

andreas