Weird usage of gprs_ns_vty_init from gprs_bssgp_create

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Sat Jun 29 08:34:25 UTC 2013

Hi Holger,

On Sat, Jun 29, 2013 at 09:55:12AM +0200, Holger Hans Peter Freyther wrote:

> the "problem" comes from the fact that in case the "BTS" exits, the next
> time the BTS restarts it might gets different IP/PORT settings from
> the BSC. So what was/is missing is a "gprs_ns_nsip_shutdown" which
> will close the old socket and the PCU should look into destroying the
> NSVC that got allocated for the old remote.

Ah, ok.  I was (erroneously) assuming that the PCU would simply exit at
the time the connection to osmo-bts drops.  This way, it re-spawns and
re-initializes nicely when the BTS is sending the next
PCU_IF_MSG_INFO_IND.  However, I may be writing too much Erlang code in
recent days, hence my 'let it exit and re-spawn' attitude ;)

> I am attaching two diffs as a proposal (not even compile tested), they
> should avoid the race condition.

Your patches look fine to me.  The new gprs_ns_close() declaration of
course would have to go in a libosmogb header file.

I can try to test it later today.