TBF acknowledged mode is now working

Ivan Kluchnikov Ivan.Kluchnikov at fairwaves.ru
Fri Jul 6 10:49:12 UTC 2012

Hi, Andreas!

Thank you for explanation of Time Indication and your effort in splitting
commits.
According to your plan, I guess it makes sense to merge in several steps:
1. After cleanup of debugging levels.
At this step I plan to use your code as base, but I should add our
implementation of encoding control blocks (without hand-hacked code!, but
uses wireshark transcoding code).
I guess that this merge will be a good point to bring to a common view
master and your branch. After this merge it will be better, if you continue
working on your branch from this point, in order to avoid merge problems in
future.
2. After adding support of encodix and changing to c.
3. After adding multislot support.

So our current plans are:
- spend time for developing OpenBTS side;
- try to make some refactoring of the code for improvement of internal
logic, after adding support of encodix and changing to c;
- to make more test before adding multislot support.

2012/7/6 jolly <andreas at eversberg.eu>

> > i also agree with alexander's comment on splitting the commits.
> > (especially the support of cell information from socket interface.) i
> > can do that and provide seperate patches to this list tomorrow.
> > sometimes it is hard to implement new features without doing cleanups
> > at the same time, since i don't know what have to be cleaned in order
> > to make the new feature work. instead i work on the feature and clean
> > at the same time. (like replacing all hardcoded values by the cell
> > information from the socket interface (or maybe from config file, one
> > day).)
> hi,
>
> i splitted the last commit and pushed them in a new branch: jolly_new
> i hope it is now easier to merge. also i removed my work on using
> libosmogp, because it was already done by harald in the master branch.
>
> regards,
>
> andreas
>
> commit 1944bd58721920cbd6235c03ff72da1c346e5423
> Author: Andreas Eversberg <jolly at eversberg.eu>
> Date:   Fri Jul 6 09:32:39 2012 +0200
>
>     Minor fix of MCC, MNC options
>
> commit 3e372d57ed36e68836b14dd96f6bda595bb6fe9e
> Author: Andreas Eversberg <jolly at eversberg.eu>
> Date:   Fri Jul 6 09:28:15 2012 +0200
>
>     Cleanup of BSSGP code.
>
>     The hack for resetting BSSGP instance is removed and now performed
>     whenever the NS state changes to UNBLOCKED.
>
>     The BSSGP instance is now created only once, as it should be.
>
>     Received STATUS messages are ignored as they should be.
>
>     The creation and destruction of BSSGP/NS instances is now handled by
>     layer 1 interface alone.
>
> commit bf5a0f6e2c9d0ae564b171b210f0f97bcbdddbf3
> Author: Andreas Eversberg <jolly at eversberg.eu>
> Date:   Fri Jul 6 08:58:22 2012 +0200
>
>     Move BSSGP/NS instances creation and desctruction to gprs_bssgp_pcu.cpp
>
> commit 81e895b6193530ea4b180c2118b9f40bb33de5b7
> Author: Andreas Eversberg <jolly at eversberg.eu>
> Date:   Fri Jul 6 08:24:53 2012 +0200
>
>     Adding MCC/MNC spoof options to pcu_main.cpp
>
>     The option added is required to change PLMN that is announced to SGSN.
>     This allows BTS to have a different PLMN.
>
>     (Usefull for roaming in conjunction with simlock.)
>
> commit dfa563cd3bba9b6214289bc63c84b00f1f7676cd
> Author: Andreas Eversberg <jolly at eversberg.eu>
> Date:   Fri Jul 6 08:13:59 2012 +0200
>
>     RLC/MAC process makes use from attributes, received from PCU socket
>
>     For OpenBTS interface and BSSGP, fixed values are still used.
>
> commit b3c6f6c716d4495b0f664b4d0da1a4708fb1d0f2
> Author: Andreas Eversberg <jolly at eversberg.eu>
> Date:   Fri Jul 6 07:40:08 2012 +0200
>
>     Receive cell informations via PCU socket interface
>
>     These informations provide RAI, timers, counters and other attributes
>     the BSSGP and RLC/MAC processes.
>
>     The attributes are stored in gprs_rlcmac_bts global structure.

Ivan Kluchnikov.
http://fairwaves.ru