osmo-bts-trx: "CHAN RQD: no resources for SDCCH" on master

Tom Tsou tom at tsou.cc
Tue Jun 14 17:19:56 UTC 2016

Hi Max,

On Tue, Jun 14, 2016 at 1:07 AM, Max <msuraev at sysmocom.de> wrote:
> Which branch is used in practice? I've looked at gerrit/fairwaves/master
> and the difference seems pretty small so I'm puzzled as to which commit
> fixes it.

The issue is command timing and improperly handled order of events.
Some time back I checked the diff's between fairwaves/master and
master, but wasn't able to find where the difference in sequencing was
taking place. I'm puzzled about this as well, but, as Harald says, the
real solution is not resolving the differences between fairwaves and
master branches, but properly handling the OML initialization in
master.

The workaround for osmo-bts-trx master is as follows:

1. Remove CLK IND from the osmo-trx control loop
2. Start osmo-trx
3. Start osmo-bts-trx
4. Externally Issue the POWERON command to osmo-trx

This delays CLK IND packets from prematurely reaching osmo-bts and
allows the OML sequencing to take place. This is obviously a hack I
suspect a real fix will involve some modification to the osmo-trx
socket interface.

  -TT