Error in making OsmoNITB on Linux

Neels Hofmeyr nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de
Mon Aug 8 17:46:57 UTC 2016

Hi Abdulghafar,

the bts_ipaccess_nanobts.c code cannot be removed and this should anyway not be
the cause of your problem.

The way the openbsc build works for me is:

using

	git clone git://git.osmocom.org/$PROJECT

check out all of

	libosmocore
	libosmo-abis
	libosmo-netif
	libosmo-sccp
	openggsn
	libsmpp34
	openbsc

then in each (and in this order)

	cd $PROJECT
	autoreconf -fi
	./configure
	make install

For openbsc, you need to

	cd openbsc/openbsc
	autoreconf -fi
	./configure --enable-smpp  (and maybe: --enable-osmo-bsc --enable-nat )
	make install

If this doesn't work for you, ask again here, and:

- provide *all* your build steps and *all* of its terminal output

- if you do so, please do *not ever* send bitmap images of screenshots, but
  post the *plain text* commands and output as copy-pasted from your terminal.

- also tell us exactly how you obtained the source code (i.e. which git
  revision you are using).

I hope this helps,

~Neels

--