Core dump in trunk

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Mon Aug 29 07:15:23 UTC 2011

Hi Pablo,

On Sun, Aug 28, 2011 at 11:36:47PM +0200, Pablo Neira Ayuso wrote:

> > So the first step would be to add some LOGP messages about which LAPD
> > instances are allocated (or released).  This can be used to see if the
> > expected LAPD instances (one on each signalling timeslot) are created
> > or not.
>
> I introduced refcounting in the ->line_update() update path in
> libosmo-abis, which calls the setup function only once (I needed this
> to avoid binding the A-bis over IP socket twice).

I see.  But I believe this is the wrong path to "solve" the problem.
The function is called "update" since it is supposed to be called
multiple times, every time something has changed about the line (e.g.
timeslot configuration).

> Before, the line_update() function was called once per BTS. I'm
> traveling back home, so I didn't have too much time to look in depth,
> but my guess is that this can be related to the problem that Gus is
> reporting.

With multiple BTS attached to a signle line, there is no other way but
to call the function multiple times.  It has to be written with that in
mind.