Core dump in trunk

Pablo Neira Ayuso pablo at gnumonks.org
Sun Aug 28 21:36:47 UTC 2011

On Sat, Aug 27, 2011 at 01:54:45PM +0200, Harald Welte wrote:
> Hi Gus,
>
> On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 04:03:52PM -0700, Gus Bourg wrote:
> > Thanks for fixing this!  I can confirm that it compiles now - and my BTS
> > comes up with trunk.  However, when I configure two BTS's, I get a core dump
> > (for real this time : -)
>
> feel free to debug this further by yourself.  It's a bit hard without
> access to the equipment.  For some reason, ts->lapd is NULL, i.e. there
> was no LAPD instance allocated for this timeslot.
>
> The allocation happens at line 434 of libosmo-abis/src/input/dahdi.c
>
> So the first step would be to add some LOGP messages about which LAPD
> instances are allocated (or released).  This can be used to see if the
> expected LAPD instances (one on each signalling timeslot) are created
> or not.

I introduced refcounting in the ->line_update() update path in
libosmo-abis, which calls the setup function only once (I needed this
to avoid binding the A-bis over IP socket twice).

Before, the line_update() function was called once per BTS. I'm
traveling back home, so I didn't have too much time to look in depth,
but my guess is that this can be related to the problem that Gus is
reporting.