Trying to fill some gaps in documentation

Blago Blagoev blagodarno at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 07:01:53 UTC 2012

2012/10/29 C470IP <c470ip at yandex.ru>

> Hello!
>
> Recently I've managed to install all Osmocom-DECT components (except
> Asterisk, which will be installed later). Everything seem to be working
> fine, at least I could try examples from the website without any error.
> Many thanks to the authors for this extraordinary job.
> Now I want to go further and to configure some useful system using these
> tools, but I feel some gaps in documentation/description which need to be
> clarified. I would be very thankful to anybody who would bother to answer
> the following questions:
>
> 1) When a DECT cluster is configured in FP mode (like first example here:
> http://dect.osmocom.org/trac/**dect/wiki/Configuration<http://dect.osmocom.org/trac/dect/wiki/Configuration>), how can we use it to attach handsets? Or for what this mode is for? Also
> I've found that in this

Seems attach handsets is only possible through asterisk

> mode beacon frames are sent very seldom and with minimal power, is this
> normal?

2) Where one can find the list of keywords for dectmon command line? Or if
> not keywords, what is dectmon awaiting after its > character?
>
> I use dectmon with -l option.
In the log file, you can see the exchange of control messages between the
base and handset

> 3) In which program can we open raw dump files created by dectmon? Is it
> possible to dump pcap from dectmon?

In earlier messages of this ьфшдштп list, Patrick wrote that the pcap-file
can not get.