Dectmon only recording data partially?

Erik Tews e_tews at cdc.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Mon Nov 8 17:27:22 UTC 2010

Hi

I have a strange problem with dectmon. I would like to monitor the
conversations between a Siemens AS150 and it's base station. I started
the cluster in monitoring mode with the same emc and fpn as the original
base station in pp mode:

dect-cluster-add --name cluster0 --emc $EMC --fpn $FPN --mode pp --monitor
dect-cell-add --name cell0 --cluster cluster0
dect-transceiver-bind --transceiver trx0 --cell cell0

Now, when I launch dectmon, I get these messages:

# ./dectmon -n yes
netlink: cluster0: mode PP ARI: class A: EMC: 0ff6 FPN: 0deb7
LCE: set default pmid e94bd
LCE: registered protocol 0 (Link Control)
LCE: registered protocol 3 (Call Control)
LCE: registered protocol 4 (Call Independant Supplementary Services)
LCE: registered protocol 6 (ConnectionLess Message Service)
LCE: registered protocol 5 (Mobility Management)

netlink: message group: 4
netlink: FPC: full_slot,page_repetition,basic_a_field_setup,in_min_delay
netlink: HLC: adpcm_g721_voice,gap_pap_basic_speech,standard_authentication,location_registration
unknown
unknown

netlink: message group: 4

Should't there be more output? I am sure that at least some location
registration or authentication messages are exchanged here.

I am running 2.6.36, but I did not update to the latest version in the
git tree yet.