Idea for 2021: Regular "OsmoDevCall"
laforge at osmocom.org
Thu Dec 31 11:04:45 UTC 2020
Dear Osmocom community,
as the pandemic continues and physical meetings are out of the question
for the forseeable future, it would be a good idea to have a periodic
virtual online meeting of the interested Osmocom community.
I was thinking of a format where we would serve two major purposes:
1) technical talks about osmocom relevant topics - ideally
* can be pre-recorded to avoid any problems with technical setup,
* should ideally have a Q+A session at their initial "airing" during
2) unstructured solicited social event (USSE)
* random chat in audio (optionally video)
* not recorded, obviously
The recording of the technical presentation should then be permanently
made available (like the presentations of our prior OsmoCon /
Not every OsmoDevCall would neccessarily need the two parts, but I think
it would be great if we can make that happen. We could also have e.g. a
two-weekly schedule for the USSE and a monthly schedule for the
We'd need somebody to volunteer to "manage" the "broadcast" side of
this, preferably somebody with at least some prior exposure to online
events (like the c3voc).
I'm using https://osmocom.org/issues/4928 to collect a tentative list
of topics. Feel free to add your ideas there, as well as any comment/
feedback you may have.
- Harald Welte <laforge at osmocom.org> http://laforge.gnumonks.org/
"Privacy in residential applications is a desirable marketing option."
(ETSI EN 300 175-7 Ch. A6)
More information about the baseband-devel