sciphone dream g2 mtk 6235 status? ;)

Craig Comstock craig at unreasonablefarm.org
Sun Feb 4 04:47:55 UTC 2018

Sorry for the premature mail posting. I did some more digging and found a quite good thread of information from around 2011 or so.

http://baseband-devel.722152.n3.nabble.com/Mediatek-MT6235-status-Sciphone-G2-td2519606.html

I note that Harald mentioned whether Marcin had suitable lab equipment and I was starting to wonder this as well. Harald, you suggested Racal 6103 or similar, spectrum analyzer/scope up to 900/1800/1900 MHz. I'm wondering if you have any more current recommendations for equipment. I would imagine I might use an RTL-SDR possibly to receive/monitor TX. I see Racal 6103 devices for around $100 on ebay so I could get one of those if need be.

So I found the uboot sources and looked through and see board/mtk/sciphone_g2/mt6140.c which has the rf_tx <arfcn> uboot command. So I'll check fernvale/mtk6260 and see if similar code could be made for fernvale.

-Craig