osmocom-BB

Christoffer Jerkeby kugghjul at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 19:21:19 UTC 2017

On Thu, Dec 29, 2016 at 5:32 AM, salar007 <ali.salar007 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> 1) Is it possible to increase the number of phones from two to three or
more
> phones as TS in osmocom-BB?  plz answer just this question. I strongly
need
> it's answer, if NOT I STOP my working..
>
> 2) what's this ERROR : "DSP Error Status: 24"
>
> thank you.

Question 1:
If you are asking if a osmocom-TRX can increase its capacity to multiple
handsets by extending the
timeslot. I dont think that it is possible (I may be wrong), the handsets
are already working
beyond their intended capacity in osmocom-TRX.

Question 2:
Every incomming TDMA frame generates an interrupt function in sync.c called
l1_sync(void).
The dsp_api structure is used to communicate with dsp from layer1.
If the DSP has encountered an error it puts the error code in
dsp_api.ndb->d_error_status.
Currenlty dsp errors are printed to the users but generally ignored look at
the following
code-sample from inside of l1_sync:

if (dsp_api.ndb->d_error_status) {
        printf("DSP Error Status: %u\n", dsp_api.ndb->d_error_status);
        dsp_api.ndb->d_error_status = 0;
}

This means that regardless of what d_error_status it will be set to 0 and
the program will
continue as normal, you may consider this message a debug warning.

The file src/target/firmware/include/calypso/dsp_api.h details the
different error codes
available and their meaning.