gerrit for osmocom-bb

Vadim Yanitskiy axilirator at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 09:22:59 UTC 2017

Hi,

> I'm not sure if it's just me or if I'm using it wrong but
> I'm always annoyed when I have to login to gerrit ...

+1 here, Gerrit login is (for now) a bit unfriendly. Even so,
there are also some advantages to have OsmocomBB in Gerrit:

 - Jenkins builder: maintainers / reviewers don't need to
   manually check whether a new commit fails build or not.

 - I don't need to copy-paste the source code to leave a
   contextual comment or ask a question.

 - Doing 'git push gerrit ...' is simpler and faster for
   me, than 'git format-patch ...', 'git send-email ...'.

So, I would be definitely happy to see OsmocomBB in Gerrit.

With best regards,
Vadim Yanitskiy.