FreeCalypso GSM MS development board built and mostly works

Alexander Chemeris alexander.chemeris at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 19:27:35 UTC 2017

Hi Mychaela,

On Apr 9, 2017 08:50, "Mychaela Falconia" <mychaela.falconia at gmail.com>
wrote:

> For the proof-of-concept / lab type use that was the primary target for
> OsmcoomBB this was sufficient.  See the dbm2apc_gsm900[] table for the
> power calibration values which most definitely are wrong on all but one
> phone.

Once I recreate the CMU200-based calibration procedure and write some
programs to automate it so I can ship FreeCalypso devices with per-unit
calibration like the historical commercial Calypso device manufacturers
did

Not sure if this helps, but we're planning to open-source our Python
framework we use to run various post-manufacturing tests/calibrations for
our base stations. It's designed as a very generic framework, but we also
implemented CMD57 flavor of SCPI commands for a completely automated
procedure. I expect CMU200 to have write different SCPI command set, but it
might be a good start. Let me know if that's something you might be
interested in.

That said, the first step is always to get things working in a manual mode,
and automate them later.

Keep the good work!

Please excuse typos. Written with a touchscreen keyboard.

Alexander Chemeris
CTO/Founder Fairwaves, Inc.
https://fairwaves.co