Sv: 2G repeater/booster w/ osmocom-bb? or 3G w/ osmocom-bb?

Tomcsányi, Domonkos domi at tomcsanyi.net
Tue Jun 21 10:53:44 UTC 2016

Hi,

Those femtocells use ipsec to which the keys are not available (yet). The ones that were not automatically upgraded by Vodafone and therefore expose a serial shell might be used, but that requires some more investigation (and sadly not much of un-upgraded versions exists...also downgrading isn't an option if I'm correct because they do this inside the IPsec tunnel).

Maybe Kevin has more memories about them :).

Other femtocells (e.g. SFR) that use EAP-SIM should be easily connected to an open core network by simply using SIM cards with known keys.

Cheers,
Domi