Moving from trac to a single redmine

Holger Freyther holger at freyther.de
Fri Feb 19 07:09:59 UTC 2016

> On 19 Feb 2016, at 00:16, Neels Hofmeyr <nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de> wrote:
>

> nitpick: I notice that in redmine, the project name "Openbsc" should
> probably be capitalized ("OpenBSC")?

The redmine importer insists only works if I enter "openbsc" and then it apparently does "Openbsc" with it. But we can fix that after the import.

>> * Saturday/Sunday do the migration of the trac.
>
> was I too quick then? I'll recreate my account again if necessary.

I think we do not need to remove accounts. We might have to fix the email address of contributors that got their account automatically created as part of the import.

>> any objections?
>
> no problem, since we're all idling around all the time anyway ;)
> More seriously though, the wiki is on my todo list to explain gtphub and
> adjust that overview png, also to include Iu. Some day not too far I hope...

The wiki conversion is not that great. We really have to do some work in post processing and making sure that all content has been migrated. E.g. "Software/Overview" and "SoftwareOverview" seem to confuse the importer:

http://projects.osmocom.org/projects/baseband/wiki/SoftwareOverview vs. http://bb.osmocom.org/trac/wiki/Software/Overview vs. http://bb.osmocom.org/trac/wiki/SoftwareOverview

So there will be some fallout but I think it still makes sense to move forward now.

holger