Adding features from osmocom-bb to libosmocore

Piotr Krysik ptrkrysik at gmail.com
Sat Aug 1 13:44:03 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I'm developing gr-gsm project which uses GNU Radio framework in order to
build infrastructure for receiving GSM data.

Recently we've added libosmocore as a dependency in order to use it's
implementation of ciphering algorithms.

I would like to use more of the code that was already implemented thanks
to your work, but I've found some parts that I would expect to be in
libosmocore are not in there but in osmocom-bb. One of the examples is
interpretation of system information messages that is in
src/host/layer23/src/common/sysinfo.c.

Is it possible to move parts that are usable for projects outside of
osmocom into libsomocore? If yes - how can I proceed with that? I'm
aware that it is not simple process as it involves also removing these
parts from osmocom-bb and maybe also editing them in order to make them
independent of osmocom-bb.

--
Best Regards,
Piotr Krysik