Location update problems on Motorola C118

Patrick asghar1992 at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 12 18:58:03 UTC 2014

Hello All:
I am facing a similar problem while in the procedure of making the call. I
am currently located in Pakistan and using Pakistan networks (Ufone/Warid)
for this purpose.
Once i have booted layer 1 (with the same output as given by Maciej) and
then run the mobile application, it says "Paging ignored, we are not
camping" and the location update also fails. I have enabled the Tx command
on line 132 of the main file in target/firmware/makefile. However i didn't
understand that someone in this thread mentioned about layer 1 log, how to
check it? and what to check there?
Now once i telnet localhost 4247 it starts an infinite loop as
MS#1
registering with the network
MS#1
registering with the network
MS#1
registering with the network
MS#1
Searching network
MS#1
registering with the network
etc..... and even if i put 'show ms' command it gives exactly the same
response as mentioned in this thread and if i call 1 <X> it says call
released but doesn't proceed further.
An urgent help would highly be appreciated,
REGARDS,