GSMTAP LTE support

Sylvain Munaut 246tnt at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 11:09:07 UTC 2014

Hi,

> I'd like to add LTE support to GSMTAP in libosmocore. How shall I proceed?
> Just add
>
> #define GSMTAP_TYPE_LTE 0x0d
>
> to include/osmocom/core/gsmtap.h and appropriate sub-types, than send patch?

Yes. Although looking at other ones, it sometimes makes sense to have
several 'types', I think it depends mostly on what make sense there
for the dissectors in wireshark.

#define GSMTAP_TYPE_UMTS_RLC_MAC        0x0b
#define GSMTAP_TYPE_UMTS_RRC    0x0c

Preferrably try to explain a bit the division you make between types /
subtypes and what data ends up in the packet in the commit message.

I'll let someone more familiar with LTE to actually comment on what
divisions would make sense ...

Cheers,

    Sylvain