EMI firmware: Decoding Dummy frames

Enrique Saez Gil es12 at student.aau.dk
Thu Feb 27 15:43:07 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I have been experimenting for a while now with the EMI firmware. My goal is creating a controlled interference for an experiment.

My current setup is the following:

 - one osmo phone with the EMI firmware transmitting on a single time slot
 - one USRP2 at the receiving side

I use GNURadio for sampling and Matlab for post-processing.

My problem is that once I analyse the received bursts in Matlab I am not able to decode its content. I expect to see the same sequence repeated over time since Dummy Burst are being transmitted as detailed in the wiki. However, this is not the case.

After going through the code I am not sure how the transmitted sequence is generated, neither the cyphering sequence used.

Could you help me with these issues?

Thanks,
Enrique