Accessing the firmware of osmocom-bb compatible phone

Michael Spacefalcon msokolov at ivan.Harhan.ORG
Fri Apr 11 22:12:57 UTC 2014

Ahmad Jan <e10007a at gmail.com> wrote:

> By using osmocom-bb, is this possible to access the firmware of osmocom-bb
> compatible phone?

Do you mean using osmocom-bb tools to read the phone's original fw and
other flash content?  Yes, I've used osmocom-bb tools to do this task
before I wrote my own fc-loadtool to do it my own way, and using
osmocom-bb tools is currently the only way to read Compal's flash - my
FreeCalypso tools currently support only Openmoko and Pirelli phones.

> If yes, then how?

When you run osmocon, specify an appropriate loader.* target code image
instead of layer1.*.  Then open another terminal window and run
osmoload memdump.

HTH,
SF