strange crashes in current main branch

Tim Ehlers osmocom at ehlers.info
Sun Apr 6 20:02:46 UTC 2014

On Sun, 6 Apr 2014, Christophe Devine wrote:

Hi Christophe,

> A year ago, you reported strange crashes in current branch. Did you
> resolve the issue? It seems we are having a similar problem, where
> layer1 would crash eventually.

yes, I tracked it down to the charging code. I think it comes from the
fact, that layer1 is periodically polled by layer23 (mobile) about the
current battery-status. And there seems to be a problem with queueing
these things over the serial line. So if battery-status is polled and
other things are going through serial at the same time, layer1 crashes
eventually.

Thats my interpretation, but fact is, if you revert the patch attached to
the mail, the crashes are gone, but you can't charge. :)

I modified the mobile battery, removing the battery itself, and replacing
it with a 3.7V AC-Adapter, so that I don't need the charging.

Maybe you can investigate it in more detail? Or better I send it to the
list too, so the problem could be discussed in the big round again.

Best

Tim