chainload.compalram.bin missing?

Craig Comstock craig_comstock at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 19 15:39:14 UTC 2013

I was trying to load some apps to a Motorola C139 and found that after building osmocom-bb that there were no chainload image files built. Am I using the wrong branch somehow? Are the instructions out of date on this page:

http://bb.osmocom.org/trac/wiki/MotorolaC140

./osmocon -p /dev/ttyUSB0 -m c140 -c ../../target/firmware/board/compal_e86/layer1.highram.bin ../../target/firmware/board/compal_e86/chainload.compalram.bin

The page mentions something about a magic value that must be placed into memory for the bootloader... could that be added to osmocon somehow so that specifying -m c140 takes care of it?

"After the download has completed, it expects the magic string "1003" (0x31 0x30 0x30 0x33) at the RAM address 0x803ce0"
Thanks,
Craig