Structure of traffic data in burst_ind messages

Bhaskar11 niceguy108 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 19:54:13 UTC 2013

Sylvain, thanks for the prompt replies.  But...

> But I see two problems:
> > 1. Almost every alternate frame is missing.
>
> ... TCH/H ...

I re-read the specs: 05.03 / 3.2.4. If the data is spread across 4 blocks,
should that not mean some of the data will be on each successive burst?

The specs don't mention skipping alternate bursts. So, I still don't
understand why the entire burst would be missing alternately.

I seem to have missed something important here.

> > 2. I should not be seeing any upload frames, as I am not using
> > filter-rework.
>
> The filters only attenuate the signal ... if the victim phone is close
> enough, they will go through anyway.
> Also, AFAIR the phone will transmit a burst_ind packet in anycase ...
> which might be complete gibberish, that up to you to try to interpret
> it.

In your experience, up to what distance does this kind of interference come
in a typical scenario? Is it in the range of  dozens of metres or hundreds?

B.