osmocombb: TS 3 -> TS failed

Sylvain Munaut 246tnt at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 12:22:37 UTC 2013

Hi,

> i just encountered the following problem:
>
> the network assigns me from TS 1 to TS 3 it worked, but not when it did
> another assigment from TS 3 to TS4. i just got noise instead of valid
> SACCH frames.
>
> TS Chg forth: 1 -> 3 | 1856
> TS Chg forth: 3 -> 4 | 1875

My guess is that somehow the fact they're contiguous makes something fail ...

This whole timeslot alignement thing is highly unstable ...

I think I need to code a special version of OpenBTS that broadcast on
each burst the TS it belongs to and the frame number and then do some
stress test of timeslot changing.

Cheers,

     Sylvain