Vedr: Content of burst data in burst_ind branch

Erich Dachleger edachleger at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 5 16:01:11 UTC 2013

Hi list,
Are all the obtained bursts.dat files useless when they are captured by
unmodified burst_ind?When I use the standard burst_ind I obtain a chain
of burst-files.I also sometime see displayed the word SACCH/8 on the
log-screen. If one tries to single out burst-files belonging to SACCH/8
or TCH/F would these be useful as inputs to kraken after being converted to keystream?

Somewhere
 on this list I read that captured data must  be converted to the
MAC-block,if one looks for frames, and that code could be found in
airprobe .What ist the meaning of that? Aren't the MAC-block alreday
displayed when using burst_ind?

regards
erich