Problems about analysis of content in memory

qiuhan1989 qiuhan1989 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 11:00:33 UTC 2013

I tried to dump some parts of memory using osmoload. Here is my problem,

When I tried to dump from 0x0, there is a piece of memory filled up with
"f". I guess maybe it's ROM and when I call the memcpy in RAM, I actually
cannot read things in ROM. Can anyone confirm my guess?

Then I found there is a memory protection unit (ti-calypso2.pdf). Then I
dumped the values from FFFF FF00 (registers of MPU), I got all zeros... Does
this mean there is no memory protection active?

Or maybe because actually the phone is not turned on. So there would be some
flash which don't have electricity on...

Anyone can help me?

Thank you in advance.