Problem uploading .bin files on Raspberry Pi

Walter Doerr baseband at infodn.rmi.de
Mon Dec 9 13:34:32 UTC 2013

Hello,

I am running osmocom-bb on a Ubuntu x86 machine with a Motorola C121.
Everything works (as far as I can tell).

Now I would like to move the host programs to a Raspberry Pi.
So, I did a "make nofirmware" on the Rpi and copied the *.compalram.bin
files from the x86 Ubuntu box over to the Rpi.

When I use osmocon on the pi to upload the bin file to the phone, the
transfer stops after the "finished" line and then, after a while, the
phone sends a DOWNLOAD NAK, instead of the usual "DOWNLOAD ACK your code
is running now".

Has anybody seen this behaviour and knows how to fix it?

I have tried two USB/serial adapters (both FTDI based) just in case its
a hw problem, but the result is always the same: the upload to the phone
works on the Ubuntu/x86 box but not on the pi.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

-Walter