SIM900D

Peter Zotov whitequark at whitequark.org
Wed Oct 17 05:50:58 UTC 2012

Hello folks.

I have this GSM module called SIM900D. It has several interesting
capabilites.
1. It has builtin commands AT+SIMEI (guess what it does) and
AT*CELLLOCK
(ARFCN lock).
2. It, as far as I know, does not check firmware signature.
3. It has an API (called "Embedded AT") which can be called from the
customer's module running on the same CPU (ARM926EJS).
4. Non-stripped firmware ELFs are available, together with the
descriptions of public API.

Here is a (Russian) page with all of the relevant datasheets collected.
Datasheets are in English.
http://www.mt-system.ru/catalog/dokumentacija-na-gsm-modemy-simcom

See also:
http://www.geekonfire.com/wiki/index.php?title=GPRS_Shield%EF%BC%88SIM900%EF%BC%89_Firmware_Update
ftp://ftp.macrogroup.ru/Support/SimCom/Firmware/Sim900/Sim900D

--
   WBR, Peter Zotov.