Why not a nexus chipset ?

Mh mhtajik at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 21:52:26 UTC 2012

TI or Qualcomm will not sell "you" their IP , no matter what . there is a very complicated "legal" process behind these kinds of deals , specifically a regulation process done outside the vendor , that is usually a government organization . you would however be able to purchase protected DSP style working components and NDAed dox with 6-figure deals .

there is a different type of business you can look into though , take a look at Lyrtech's stuff for example . you can buy at least as good as HDL crystal clear IP from them licensed and hassle free with support and dox and all , but they target specially built systems , usually huge expensive SDRs .

the alleged TI's leaks , mo matter what the circumstance , are not to my experiences of much practical importance . if you got the engineering resources and enough money to put such stuff into use , you may as well code it all from scratch , since most specs are already public . the Patents usually prevent people from certifying , therefore , prevent selling big time for serious profit and limiting the market . its not like they are Nuclear missile code secrets . difference between engineering and reverse engineering in Software ecosystem and Telecom ecosystem is exactly in the time/resource/profit formulation . kids code a virus or crack a code over a couple of nights using ollydbg , although they need to learn a lot of math and electric shit before doing baseband scale maneuver . they almost never do , or Apple offer them Jobs ;)

M.