Programming SIM card RAND?

Andrew Back andrew at carrierdetect.com
Mon Nov 12 10:25:19 UTC 2012

Hello,

I'm trying to get some MS test equipment working and have programmed a
SIM with pysim-prog.py, but the tester has a configuration field for
RAND and I cannot see how to set this on the SIM. In fact this has
confused me as I thought the network always supplied this...

I have the IMSI, Ki, MCC and MNC set the same on the tester and SIM,
but tests don't get very far and fail with "incorrect SRES".

Any ideas?

Regards,

Andrew

--