Use OsmocomBB as OpenBTS / airprobe clock generator

Alexander Huemer alexander.huemer at xx.vu
Thu Mar 15 10:51:06 UTC 2012

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 10:56:57AM +0100, Harald Welte wrote:
> I think it was mostly related to the levels and coupling, possibly
> combined with the 13 MHz signal being a sine wave and not square whihc I
> believe the TI PLL expects.
As I understand the datasheet of the CDCVF25084 it can very well be the
case that a sine wave input makes trouble.
Assuming this is the case, could something like a Schmitt trigger
between the sine wave source and the PLL improve the situation?
Or would that add jitter or some other negative effects to the signal?

Kind regards,
-Alexander Huemer