Use OsmocomBB as OpenBTS / airprobe clock generator

Alexander Huemer alexander.huemer at xx.vu
Thu Mar 15 09:04:37 UTC 2012

Hi Harald,

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 12:45:35AM +0100, Harald Welte wrote:
> In fact, I already tried to make such a circuit using a Ti CDCVF25084
> some time ago, but it wasn't as straight-forwardd as I hoped and it was
> never completed :(

A while back there was a posting[1] on the OpenBTS ML that mentioned
positive results using this exact PLL as clock input for a USRP. The
posting itself does not contain the part#, but I remember to have read
it in a follow up post or so. This setup did not use a phone as input to
the PLL, but nevertheless used such a PLL to feed the USRP.

Could you please elaborate on which problems you were facing?

Kind regards,
-Alexander Huemer

[1] http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=24642256
[?]