Working of ccch_scan and capturing the SDCCH.

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Sat Jul 21 09:29:42 UTC 2012

Hi Luca,

On Sat, Jul 21, 2012 at 10:57:09AM +0200, Luca Melette wrote:

> I guess I have to do some maintenance to my patch...
> it's a bit old, and it must be merged with last master.
> [...]
> The downlink/uplink is hard coded, so you need to compile
> the firmware once for down and once for up.

It might make sense to have this run-time configurable/switchable via
L1CTL or some other means.

> I will send some update when I have time :)

It would be much appreciated if you could bring it into a state where it
can cleanly coexist with the other existing code, at which point it
would become mergeable.  I can see two options:

1) make the functionality available but not enabled by default, so a
   L1CTL command can configure + enable your code at the user option

2) really introduce a new firmware build target.  It's possible, but we
   already have too many firmware images we build for each hardware
   target, and I'd prefer to see that number shrinking rather than
   growing.