Custom calypso board

Mathias K. kesmtp at freenet.de
Wed Jul 11 05:55:45 UTC 2012

Hello,

just my comments:

Whats your planed form factor of the board?

Do you have choose the concrete calypso cpu already?

On 10.07.2012 19:00, Harald Welte wrote:
>   * expose JTAG

1.27mm 10 pol Pin-Header on the opposite side of the board edge connector, this make it possible to
debug the board in a backplane

>   * board-edge connector for plugging many boards into one backplane

I would suggest the ERNI SMC. There are also a cable assembly available.

http://www.erni.com/fileadmin/medien/downloadcenter/smc/ERNI-SMC-e.pdf

>   * I2C/SPI and both UARTs available on headers
>   * on-board EEPROM for storing persistent data, even beyond NOR flashing

There are different types available:

64KBIT: SOT23-5 - MICROCHIP - 24AA64T-I/OT
512KBIT: 8TSSOP - MICROCHIP - 24AA512-I/ST

It is a question of how much memory we need.

>   * SIM card slot, SIM interface also present on header
>   * additional / unused TPU ports
>   * header for TSP / TPU and all data/control interfaces between iota/rita/calypso
>   * RTC crystal and footprint for lithium backup battery
>   * version of the board with uplink / downlink filters switched

Regards,

Mathias