Custom calypso board

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Tue Jul 10 22:35:17 UTC 2012

Hi Peter,

On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 12:11:59AM +0200, Peter Stuge wrote:

> How about USB to the backplane if 12Mbps is enough throughput?

That might be an option, but it would require a cascade of USB hubs on
the backplane, and it would prevent the boards from talking to each
other in a peer-to-peer kind of fashion.

Also, as the Calypso itself doesnt' have USB, we'd need some kind of
external USB device controller hooked up to the calyposo UART / SPI or
even data/address bus.

Something like multi-master SPI would at leaset from a hardware point of
view support that.

Also, in addition to whatever bus we may choose, we should always have
some timing signals, so we can e.g. trigger events on board "B" by the
TPU on board "A".