Osmocom-bb Making a call

Altaf altaf329 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 17:10:19 UTC 2012

Hello.

What does it mean by starting osmocomBB in an external socket mode. In the
above post I had a problem with linking OS_BB with LCR.
I start OS_BB with the usual command

./osmocon -p /dev/ttyUSB0 -m c123xor
../../target/firmware/board/compal_e88/loader.compalram.bin

and on starting LCR it says

000000 ERROR (in mncc_socket_retry_cb() line 1101): Could not connect to
MNCC socket /tmp/ms_mncc_1 /tmp/osmocom_l2, retrying in 5 seconds

I read in one of openBSC mailing lists that starting osmo_nitb with -m is
needed to connect it to LCR.
And in the command above -m is already there. Is it the same.?

How would the command be then to launch the OS_BB firmware so as to connect
it to OS_BB.

Kindly give me some hint..

regards

Altaf