RSSI firmware

Martin Hauke mardnh at gmx.de
Tue Jan 31 12:21:34 UTC 2012

On 31.01.2012 09:52, Dario Lombardo wrote:
> Do I need to do something different to load this FW or simply my phones
> have no enough room for it?

the normal compal ramloader cannot be used with firmware sizes larger
than 64k.
http://bb.osmocom.org/trac/wiki/CompalRamloader

Instead of loading 'monitor.compalram.bin' directly you have to load
'loader.compalram.bin' and then use 'osmocon memload' to load the
monitor-app into the RAM.

In my case (C123) i have to use this:
load the second stage bootloader, load monitor-app into highram and then
jump to the proper address

sudo ./osmocon -p /dev/ttyUSB0 -m c123xor
../../target/firmware/board/compal_e88/loader.compalram.bin
sudo ./osmoload memload 0x820000
../../target/firmware/board/compal_e88/monitor.highram.bin
sudo ./osmoload jump 0x820000

Thanks to Andreas Eversberg who had provided the crucial tip.

Martin