3GPP - paging references

Stefan Bauer stefan.bauer at cubewerk.de
Fri Jan 13 06:18:15 UTC 2012

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von:	Joshua Lackey <jl at thre.at>
Gesendet:	Fr 13.01.2012 01:09
Betreff:	Re: AW: Re: 3GPP - paging references
An:	Stefan Bauer <stefan.bauer at cubewerk.de>;
> On 01/12/2012 01:05 PM, Stefan Bauer wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Well thank you for your answer. I thought i could simply call my phone, the
> network would page it and i would have the imsi/tmsi. As i'm in a very busy
> cell, there are huge amounts of pagings. I have to rethink my first idea.
>
> Call yourself 10 times.  The TMSI that appears 10 times will be yours.
> (With a high probability anyway.)

Hi Jushua,

i don't see a way to really narrow this down by this "technique". For example in my cell, the paging traffic is very high, so there are always several pagings with the same amount.

Also if i do 10 calls, i do not get put through after the first paging-request on all attempts so this is not quite precise.

Am i wrong?

Stefan