Power-savvy GSM network (was: gsm322.c Bug Fix Patch)

Kurtis Heimerl kheimerl at cs.berkeley.edu
Fri Feb 3 18:35:12 UTC 2012

I think that's acceptable. I expected a lot longer, to be honest.

As an alternative, I could instead just call both parties back once
the phone has camped. There's a number of ways to communicate the
wait, and I don't think users in rural areas would be particular
bothered by the execution. In my own experience in rural Uganda, they
went through a lot more hoops (e.g., climbing trees) for coverage.