Creating a real usable phone using OsmocomBB

Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli GNUtoo at no-log.org
Thu Feb 2 20:20:00 UTC 2012

>On the other hand, I am very interested by supporting the Openmoko
>Freerunner, having already written a complete embedded telephony
>environment for this platform (with interchangeable telephony backend).
>See https://trac.hackable1.org/trac/wiki/DeforaOSSmartphone for more
>details.
The big problem is getting nuttx-bb to run on it.
I've tried hard, but I didn't succeed at printing a thing on the serial
console or on sercomm console.

The sercomm console means the MODEM<->AP serial, using the sercomm API.
The serial console means the IRDA<->audio jack<->computer serial console.

with osmocombb things are printed on both consoles...

I'll try to give more details when I get back from FOSDEM(I've no serial cable
for the IRDA with me).

and nuttx.bin is less than 64k:
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       36.2K Jan  7 22:18 nuttx.bin

Denis.