key generation on SIM failed (cause 2)

Sylvain Munaut 246tnt at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 12:34:41 UTC 2012

Hi,

> we do not have simtrace. Yet.
> When we receive simtrace we will be able to read and update you with captures of what is on wire.

I guess you can find a card reader.

Try to generate a Kc with pySim with the script below : (uncomment the
right transport serial/pcsc)

------
#!/usr/bin/env python

import sys

from pySim.commands import SimCardCommands

from pySim.transport.serial import SerialSimLink
sl = SerialSimLink(device='/dev/ttyUSB0', baudrate=9600)

# from pySim.transport.pcsc import PcscSimLink
# sl = PcscSimLink(0)

sc = SimCardCommands(sl)
sc.reset_card()

print sc.select_file(['3f00', '7f20'])
print sc.run_gsm('00112233445566778899aabbccddeeff')
--------

> We can spare the SIM. It is a prepaid SIM. Why?

As a last resort, if remote debug doesn't work you can ship one to me
to investigate what makes it special.
But we're not there yet.

Cheers,

    Sylvain