Basic build problem.

Andrew Back arback at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 11:11:37 UTC 2012

Hello,

I'm experiencing problems getting started with building BB and
wondered if someone might be able to advise. Seems that whenever I
specify a toolchain prefix it is ignored. E.g.

$make -e CROSS_TOOL_PREFIX=arm-none-linux-gnueabi-

Results in an error:

"configure: error: in `/home/andrew/Work/AB
Open/Projects/GSM/Osmocom/osmocom-bb/src/shared/libosmocore/build-target':
See `config.log' for more details"

If I check ./shared/libosmocore/build-target/config.log for instances
of "arm" these are all still "arm-none-eabi", which I do not have.

The prefix example above was to attempt to use CodeSourcery Lite
tools. I've also tried with a prefix of "arm-linux-gnueabi-" to use a
toolchain installed from Emdebian via apt-get, and I experience the
same problem. Although in searching for a fix I read something which
suggested that the Emdebian toolchains may be no use.

So, am I doing something wrong in the first step? And is there perhaps
another toolchain I should be using? Apologies if this has already
been answered — I have done a bit of searching but only found similar
errors where a prefix was not being specified.

Regards,

Andrew

--
Andrew Back