About sniff multi bursts in a frame, CCCH_CONF

Sylvain Munaut 246tnt at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 09:37:45 UTC 2011

>        BTW, i modify TS (line l1s_rx_win_ctrl _ONLY_) from 0 to 2, 4 and 6, the TS2 and TS4 work well, but the TS6 crash very soon because FCCH error,

Because the DSP doesn't have enough time to process the data between
the end of timeslot 6 and the next interrupt. Which causes a desync
between the TPU and DSP and then hell breaks loose and nothing will
work until a reset.

In theory when the phone is in another timeslot, we don't change the
RX window, we change the alignement of the interrupt. (but then that
means you can only listen to 1 timeslot).

When you use the burst sniff mode, it *should* still work for TS=6
this way (it's tight, but it fits). Because the phone doesn't need to
do all the channel decoding stuff, it's left to the PC.

Cheers,

    Sylvain