difference between ft232 and max 232?

Sebastien Lorquet sebastien at lorquet.fr
Wed Sep 14 16:07:13 UTC 2011

Hi,

If you're thinking of the FTDI ft232, then the little difference is that this
chip is an USB-serial bridge, while the MAX232 is just a level translator that
requires a plain old serial port.

BTW, thanks for the gigantically huge attachement; I guess a 2MB , 3264x1952
jpeg is absolutely required to show your max232 cable.

Regards,
Sebastien