RFC Wiki re-org of bb.osmocom.org

Holger Hans Peter Freyther holger at freyther.de
Sat Nov 26 21:19:08 UTC 2011

Hi,

I have recently tried to find some information in our wiki and it was more
difficult than I think it should be. I would like to propose and then
implement some restructuring. So first of all I think we have good enough
content, it is just a matter of structure.

Front Page:
I would like to have a very simple and structured entry. Mainly pointing to
other projects, History, Software and Hardware?

Hardware Pages
Our hardware pages are mostly the same but actually quite different. I would
like to find the following information on each page:
	- Which firmware/board to use (compal_e88)...
	- Picture of assembled/disassembled device
	- Knowledge we have

I would like to move all Hardware/MotorolaCXX. The example would be to have
hardware/ like this[1] and hardware/MotorolaC118 like this[2].

Software Pages:
We have the Getting Started but there appears to be a gap from having a
toolchain (or building one) and knowing how the various parts are connected to
each other. I have not thought about it too much though.

History Pages:
I would move some older information in there. E.g. our never started/finished
Calypso based design, maybe some parts of the project history.

comments? ideas?

	holger

[1] http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/start#supported.hardware.-.router.type
[2] http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/buffalo/whr-g125